PROBAR LLC of Salt Lake City, UT has initiated a voluntary recall of select flavors and lots of Meal® bars, including Chocolate Coconut, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Original Trail Mix, Wholeberry Blast and Superfood Slam due to the possible presence of undeclared milk and soy allergens. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk or soy may run the risk of a serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume the affected products. No other PROBAR® products are affected.
This voluntary recall involves select Meal® bar flavors in 3oz. packages distributed nationwide and Canada to retail stores and online. The following lots of PROBAR® Meal bars are included in the recall:
- LOT #29109 PROBAR: MEAL: Chocolate Coconut EXP APR 19 2020 | UPC: 853152100346
- LOT #29123 PROBAR: MEAL: Chocolate Coconut EXP MAY 03 2020 | UPC: 853152100346
- LOT #29119 PROBAR: MEAL: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip EXP APR 29 2020 | UPC: 853152100322
- LOT #29126 PROBAR: MEAL: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip EXP MAY 06 2020 | UPC: 853152100322
- LOT #29119 PROBAR: MEAL: Original Trail Mix EXP APR 29 2020 | UPC: 853152100018
- LOT #29121 PROBAR: MEAL: Wholeberry Blast EXP MAY 01 2020 | UPC: 853152100025
- LOT #29122 PROBAR: MEAL: Superfood Slam EXP MAY 02 2020 | UPC: 853152100070
- Simply Real Bar (Canada) Chocolate Coconut LOT # and EXP “Best Before Meilleur Avant 20-MA 03-0634” | UPC: 853152800666
Lot Codes and expiration dates for individual bars are printed on the back of each wrapper.
PROBAR learned of the issue after receiving a complaint of an allergic reaction in a consumer after eating a PROBAR: MEAL Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip bar. Our investigation determined that an ingredient potentially contained milk and soy. To date, PROBAR has received this one report of illness.